by Melanie Gasmen-Fleck
The holidays may look very different this year, but one thing’s for sure: Gift-giving isn’t canceled. What’s a great way to bring joy to the world? Shop and support small businesses, especially during these uncertain times.
To make holiday shopping easier for you, we’ve rounded up our favorite small online shops, including BIPOC-owned businesses, that cover everyone on your list (including yourself!). And even if you won’t be home for the holidays, you can still let loved ones know you’re near in spirit by sending them something very special.
You can also support these shops by following them on social media or sharing this list with friends and family.
Savage Seeds (pictured above) meaningful apparel for the whole family. Look out for their Black Friday sale: 25% off with free gifts for early shoppers starting 11/12/21.
Sacko - beautiful plant-dyed clothing.
Mochi Kids - hip graphic tees for the whole family.
- the softest pajamas in the best colors and patterns - 30% off select (most items, besides holiday) products starting 11/17/21.
Chasing Windmills - all things merino wool (soft and beautiful!) - use code GRATEFUL to shop their sale over Thanksgiving weekend.
Pepper Kids - special unique pieces that are affordable and memorable.
Merci Milo (pictured above)
one stop shop for thoughtful beautiful toys.
Taylor & Max
- unique toys that are ethically and consciously made.
Kido - Chicago family run shop full of all things clever and colorful.
My Family Builders - family centered games and activities - Use code
BRAVERY-MAG for 10% off your order.
Bitte - beautifully curated toys, books and activities for kids.
The Tot - researched, tested and loved things for kids.
Ollie Ella - effortless, functional and playful things for kids.
Sweet Lulu - high quality partyware and gifts from around the world.
Hazel Village - organic, ethically made dolls and animals - Use code BRAVERY for 10% off your order
and keep a look out for their Black Friday sale.
Wee Society (pictured above)
interactive journals and books for kids.
- a Black owned bookshop taking a leadership role by promoting cultural awareness.
Cafe Con Libros
intersectional Feminist community bookstore and coffee shop - use code BRAVERY21 for a discount.
Ashay By the Bay
- this shop specializes in African American & Multi-Cultural children's books.
- a magazine for kids centered on women role models. Full of stories, DIY's, actives and more! Use code SHOPSMALL15 for 15% off.
- A children's focused, women-owned bookshop in San Carlos.
- an online bookstore who supports independent bookstores.
LibroFM - purchase audio books through your local bookstore.
You can also look for a Black-owned bookshop near you on this list.
Rayo and Honey
(pictured above) goods that empower and are also lovely.
Tierra Sol - hearty plants in handmade ceramics - look out for their sale on Nov 13-15.
Spoonful of Faith - a Black artist selling apparel, paper & home goods - use code Welcome15 for 15% off your first order.
Made by Mary - creating connection through handmade jewelry.
CanDid Art - a handcrafted jewelry company - look out for their Black Friday weekend 25% off sale.
- organic cotton, ethically sewn, comfortable underthings for adults, babies, and kids - look out for their once-a-year-sale happening in November. Email subscribers get early access!
Gathre - stylish and functional leather goods. We love their playmats.
(pictured above) - special modern bonnets- use code BRAVERY15 for 15% off your order through 11/23/21. Look out for their Black Friday sale going on from 11/24-11/29.
Pretty Please Teethers
- natural, modern and handmade teethers - use code BRAVERYMAG15 at checkout for 15% off your order.
- quilts, crib sheets, bibs, and art for creative little minds - use code
CLEMENTINECHRISTMAS21 for 20% off your order.
- natural body care basics for families - use our link for 10% off.
- a Black owned eco-friendly baby boutique.
Solly Baby - the softest baby wraps and clothing - use code BRAVERY10 for 10% off.