by Melanie Gasmen-Fleck
The holidays may look very different this year, but one thing’s for sure: Gift-giving isn’t canceled. What’s a great way to bring joy to the world? Shop and support small businesses, especially during these uncertain times.
To make holiday shopping easier for you, we’ve rounded up our favorite small online shops, including BIPOC-owned businesses, that cover everyone on your list (including yourself!). And even if you won’t be home for the holidays, you can still let loved ones know you’re near in spirit by sending them something very special.
You can also support these shops by following them on social media or sharing this list with friends and family.
Savage Seeds (pictured above) meaningful apparel for the whole family.
Sacko - beautiful plant died clothing.
Mochi Kids - hip graphic tees for the whole family.
- the softest pajamas in the best colors and patterns.
Pepper Kids - special unique pieces that are affordable and memorable.
Merci Milo (pictured above)
one stop shop for thoughtful beautiful toys.
Taylor & Max
- unique toys that are ethically and consciously made.
Kido - Chicago family run shop full of all things clever and colorful.
Bitte - beautifully curated toys, books and activities for kids.
The Tot - researched, tested and loved things for kids.
Ollie Ella - effortless, functional and playful things for kids.
Sweet Lulu - high quality partyware and gifts from around the world.
Wee Society (pictured above)
interactive journals and books for kids.
- a Black owned bookshop taking a leadership role by promoting cultural awareness.
Cafe Con Libros
intersectional Feminist community bookstore and coffee shop.
Ashay By the Bay
- this shop specializes in African American & Multi-Cultural children's books.
- A children's focused, Women owned bookstore in San Carlos.
- an online bookstore who supports independent bookstores.
LibroFM - purchase audio books through your local bookstore.
You can also look for a Black owned bookshop near you on this list.
Rayo and Honey
(pictured above) goods that empower and are also lovely.
Made by Mary - creating connection through handmade jewelry.
- organic cotton, ethically sewn, comfortable underthings for adults, babies, and kids.
Gathre - stylish and functional leather goods. We love their playmats.
(pictured above) - special modern bonnets.
- quilts, crib sheets, bibs, and art for creative little minds.
- natural body care basics for families.
- a Black owned eco-friendly baby boutique.