Learn how to express yourself with writer and activist Dr. Maya Angelou. This issue teaches kids about Maya’s life, poetry, civil rights, and how to be kind like Maya through colorfully illustrated stories and engaging educational activities.
About Maya Angelou
Dr. Maya Angelou was a famous poet, author, and activist. Her powerful words and civil rights activism taught the world compassion, forgiveness, and empathy.
- Filled with creative writing exercises & ways to practice thoughtfulness
- Features the work of over 15 talented artists, writers, & photographers, including an illustrated cover by Stef Wong
- Encourages kids to be kind
- Soft-touch matte cover, 64 full-color pages; 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
Want more Maya Angelou items?
- Get the digital Maya Angelou Companion Guide that’s packed with educational resources that go hand-in-hand with the issue. It also contains all issue activity pages.
- Add the Maya Angelou Patch to your collection.
We designed Bravery for kids ages 6-12, but really it’s for everyone. We ship worldwide from the U.S. International customers are responsible for any custom or VAT fees.