WE'RE DONATING $1 OF EVERY SUSAN LA FLESCHE PICOTTE ISSUE SOLD TO THE RESTORATION OF THE SUSAN LA FLESCHE PICOTTE CENTER.
Show the world compassion with Dr. Susan La Flesche Picotte. This issue teaches kids about Susan’s life, the rich history of the Omaha people, and explores the field of medicine through colorfully illustrated stories and engaging educational activities.
About Susan La Flesche Picotte
Dr. Susan La Flesche Picotte was a member of the Omaha Nation and the first Native American doctor. She dedicated her life to caring for others and took care of over 1,000 tribe members. She also fought to preserve the traditions of her Omaha heritage.
- Filled with facts about the Omaha Nation, cool healthy habits, and ways to care for others
- Features the work of over 15 talented artists, writers, and photographers, including an illustrated cover by Ruben Zendejas
- Encourages kids to have compassion
- Soft-touch matte cover, 64 full-color pages; 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
Want more Susan La Flesche Picotte items?
- Get the digital Susan La Flesche Picotte Companion Guide that’s packed with educational resources that go hand-in-hand with the issue. It also contains all issue activity pages.
- Add the Susan La Flesche Picotte Patch to your collection.
We designed Bravery for kids ages 6-12, but really it’s for everyone. We ship worldwide from the U.S. International customers are responsible for any custom or VAT fees.